Staff & Faculty
Departmental Copiers & Printers
**** New Fleet Copiers are starting to arrive July 20, 2017 ****
Over the next few weeks Retail Services and Xerox will be working to install over 400 printers across campus. Download an Excel Spreadsheet (.xlsx 30Kb) of the preliminary schedule of moving dates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see any problems with your serial number or room number where your current machine is.
The installation process should be seamless. The old print drivers will work with the new machine, so your printing and copying shouldn’t be effected for more than a few minutes. When the movers arrive, they will need immediate access to the room in question. If they require someone to let them in or a key, please email email@example.com.
When the copiers are removed, we will get all meter reads. If you have Xerox Standard Accounting you will need to do a report before the machines. Xerox Standard Accounting users and codes can be exported to a csv file to upload on to the new device. Custom address books can be handled in the same way - email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require assistance.
Please keep your printer powered and networked at all times. They go into sleep mode when not used and use very little power, but all machines are monitored for toner, service, and are polled for meter reads.
Please e-mail email@example.com or contact John Jaray ext 36389 if you have any questions or want further information.
Advantages of Fleet Copiers
- Department charge per impression categorized with and without a stapling finisher.
- All units are multifunctional and come standard with print (single and doubled sided), copy, fax, and scan capabilities, and operate from 35ppm to 45ppm.
- Networked machines are monitored remotely for maintenance.
- Secure printing is available on the Xerox machines. The secure print/scan option allows the user to send a job to the printer, but not release the job until the user keys in a password at the machine.
- A Print Wise study can demonstrate to your department significant reductions in ongoing printer cost through this program. The cost per page includes all toner, both black & white and colour and complete on-site maintenance and repairs.
Visit the Xerox Website at www.xerox.com to view the entire product line.
Service and Support
For ordering toner, or if you need service on your machine, please call 1 (866) 715-0788 and provide your serial number.
For recycling toner or drums, please place the empties in their original box, attach the Xerox return recycling label[PDF Link] and mail to Central Stores - ECH.
Xerox Supplies Order Form [Excel Document]
Meter reads are collected automatically from Xerox WorkCentres connected to the network. Meter reads for units not connected should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the serial number of the machine.
If your Xerox unit is moved for any reason to another location from where it was installed, please contact us and provide the unit's serial number, old building and room number and the new building and room number.
Support for specific devices:
- VersaLink User Interface Simulator
- VersaLink System Administrator Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink B405 User Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink C405 User Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink BXXX Series User Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink BXXX Series Quick Use Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink CXXX Series User Guide [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink CXXX Series Quick Use Guide[PDF LINK]
- VersaLink B405 Support
- VersaLink C405 Support
- VersaLink BXXX Series Support
- VersaLink CXXX Series Support
- AltaLink User Interface Simulator
- AltaLink System Administrator Guide [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink BXXX Series User Guide [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink BXXX Series Getting Started [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink C80XX Series Colour User Guide [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink C80XX Series Colour Getting Started [PDF LINK]
- VersaLink CXXX Series Suppor [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink B8XXX Series Support [PDF LINK]
- AltaLink C8XXX Series Support [PDF LINK]
Training and Tutorials
If you have not yet received training on your new model, or if you would like to request more training on advanced features, please contact us.
Visit the Xerox support site for video tutorials. There are a number of ‘How To’ topics to learn from including:
- How to Fax
- How to Load Paper
- How to Clear a Paper Jam
- How to Replace Consumable Parts
- How to Scan To Email